The North Park community is amazing because you are a part of it! Volunteering is just one way of getting to know your neighbours and feeling even more connected with your community. Here are the North Park Neighbourhood Association’s current volunteer & employment opportunities.
If you would like to get involved in a particular aspect of your community but you don’t see a posting below that matches your interests, please be in touch with us using the form below!
(Volunteer) Weekly Grocery Hamper Program: Delivery Driver
Every Thursday the NPNA puts together free, weekly grocery hampers made up of produce, bread, dairy, some non-perishable items and eggs. The hampers are made between 10:00am-1:00pm, and delivered by volunteers between 11:30am-1pm. We are grateful to be able to use the Community Hall at First Met Church (932 Balmoral) as our home base of operations.
We are in search of volunteers to fill the following roles:
- Mustard Seed Pick-Up Driver: Thursdays, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Pick up boxes of produce, dairy, and bread at Mustard Seed’s Food Rescue Warehouse (808b Viewfield Road), and deliver to First Met Church (932 Balmoral). Set up folding tables, unload food, help put together hampers.
- We are looking for one person on a weekly basis, or we can set up a schedule for more than one volunteer to take turns on a rotating schedule.
- Hamper Delivery Driver: Thursdays, 11:30am-1:30pm
- Pick up completed hampers at First Met Church (932 Balmoral) and deliver to households in and near North Park. This route takes about 1 hour, requires a vehicle, and involves some lifting and carrying. Volunteers will have the same route each week!
- We are looking for two new delivery drivers!
If you are available to help out with either of these roles, please get in touch using the contact form below. Thank you!!
(Volunteer) Repair Cafe Fixer & Event Volunteers
Together with First Met Church, the North Park Neighbourhood Association is planning a Repair Cafe for Saturday, March 26, 2022 from 10am-2pm. We are looking for volunteers to help out!
A repair cafe invites community members to bring broken or damaged belongings in to work together with a volunteer repair-er to fix it!
Are you interested in volunteering? We are seeking volunteer for the following roles:
- small electronics fixer (smaller than a microwave)
- small furniture fixer
- clothing mender
- jewelry fixer
- outdoor gear fixer
- technology trainer (phone/tablet or computer)
- food server
- set up, take down
We are asking fixers to bring any tools that they have at their disposal. We will work with you to round up any necessary tools that you need but cannot bring with you!
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions about the event, please fill out the form below!
(Volunteer) Land Use Committee Members
Are you interested in land use issues in North Park? Consider joining the Community Association Land Use Committee (CALUC) to stay up to date with developments happening in the neighbourhood.
CALUC members may expect to help coordinate and attend neighbourhood meetings with developers/proponents and provide feedback on proposed developments. You can also expect to work with the City and other local residents on community land use plans and initiatives.
Other roles/activities are dependent on members’ interests, skills, and time commitment.
We welcome a wide range of interests and skills on the land use committee. You do not need to have prior experience or knowledge of land use matters to get involved!