free seedling distribution day: May 27, 2022 @ Franklin Green Park
The North Park Neighbourhood Association (NPNA) and the Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society (VIRCS) are excited to be a host organization for the City of Victoria’s Get Growing, Victoria! program.
This program is open to residents of the City of Victoria, with a priority to support under-served communities, including those who have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.
If you are facing barriers to growing your own food and you are interested in receiving free food seedlings this spring, we invite you to take part in this program.
- Registration is required.
- Please register here.
- Registration is open until May 13, 2022. Once registered, you will be notified closer to the date as to when you can collect your seedlings.
Spring 2022 distribution details
Distribution will be managed by your local community or neighborhood association (in this case, the NPNA and VIRCS).
- Facebook event:
- Date: Friday, May 27, 2022
- Location: Franklin Green Park (1045 Mason Street)
- Time: TBD (details will be sent out by email to those who register)
- There will also be compost available for pick up.
If you have any gardening inquiries, please check out series of educational videos and resources created by local experts in our region at Growing Together: https://www.growingfood-together.com/ or contact the Compost Education Centre for resources, workshops, and more https://compost.bc.ca or call their hotline at 250-386-9676