Silver Threads Saturday Activities
Are you an older adult looking to try something different this summer? Now that COVID restrictions are beginning to lift and it is more comfortable to venture out Silver Threads Service has just the thing for you. Located in the heart of the North Park Neighbourhood, Royal Athletic Park will be the outdoor venue for the Saturday Sampler.
Each Saturday, beginning July 10th and running to August 28th Silver Threads Service will feature a different activity designed for those 55 years and better to try free of charge.
Activities will start at 1:00pm and will be outdoors so dress for the weather.
In September consider registering for your favourite activity and attending weekly sessions at Silver Threads Victoria Centre. Located right down the street from Royal Athletic Park, the new centre is located at 1911 Quadra Street. For more information, call us at 250 388-4268.
- July 10, 2021: Tai Chi Therapy
- July 17, 2021: Functional Fitness
- July 24, 2021: Introduction to Memory PLUS (Practice Laughter Useful Strategies)
- July 31, 2021: Local Authors Writers Panel – see calendar for listing with more information about this event!
- August 7, 2021: Men’s Fitness
- August 14, 2021: Art Exploration
- August 21, 2021: Musical Bingo
- August 28, 2021: Words: The Art of Stories
- Registration is recommended, but drop ins are welcome!
- See all of the event details at the links above!
- All classes start at 1pm
- For more information, call us at 250 388-4268
- Activities are designed for those 55 years and better
- Royal Athletic Park (1014 Caledonia Ave). The entrance is off of Caledonia, halfway between Vancouver and Caledonia.
- Registration is required for this event (Eventbrite or in paper at the park)
- Masks must be worn during workshops as long as they are recommended by the province
- Participants to sanitize their hands before entering program space
- Capacity for this event is limited to 25 participants
- Participants are required to maintain a physical distance of 2 m from others, unless otherwise sharing bubbles.
- Participants cannot swap tables. Once you are seated, you must stay at that spot
- Participants will not attend the workshop if they are feeling unwell, or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms