ABOUT OUR ASSOCIATION
The North Park Neighbourhood Association (NPNA) is a non-profit society that plays an active role in improving the quality of life of our downtown neighbourhood. We receive funding support from the City of Victoria, and rely on our many wonderful volunteers to get the job done.
Want to get involved and learn more?
- Check out our manifesto and our vibe and vision. These came out of our exciting placebranding process in 2015. Read more about our vision and values below.
- Attend our monthly meetings (open to everyone) – Generally once a month (get on our email list to receive meeting notices)
- Become a member (you must live or run a business in the neighbourhood) to vote at meetings and enjoy a wide range of neighbourhood discounts
- Join a subcommittee such as Land Use, Festival & Events or Placemaking & Public Art – email us for more info email@example.com
- Check out our community map
- Geek out on previous meeting minutes in the archives.
Specifically the NPNA:
- Monitors community problems and concerns
- Respects community objectives laid out in the North Park Neighbourhood Plan
- Facilitates the vetting and review of rezoning applications and other land-use proposals
- Participates in City initiatives such as the upcoming update of our Local Area Plan
- Provides open monthly meetings at which any resident can voice views about community matters
The Vision for the North Park Neighbourhood is to be a welcoming and vibrant community that is
- inclusive of all people regardless of age, income, culture, or religion
- cohesive and sensitive to the needs of everyone living and working in the neighbourhood
- beautiful and healthy with an emphasis on heritage, well planned and sustainable growth, recreation, pedestrian traffic and open and green spaces
- safe and inviting with opportunities for socialising and focal points for community members to gather
- Economically vibrant working in harmony with its commercial and adjacent community partners.
We are guided by the following principles:
- Dignity and Respect
- Equity and Fairness
- Fair, Accountable, Non-partisan, and Non-sectarian
- Committed to staying informed
- Land use
- Placemaking/public art
- Inter-Association Rep (e.g. Good Neighbour Agreements)
- Business Liaison
Mel Groves – Treasurer
Katie Fillion – Communications
Al Gallupe – Land Use Chair
Executive Director, Sarah Murray firstname.lastname@example.org
Land Use Planning Advisor, Eleni Gibson email@example.com
City of Victoria Downtown Coordinator – Michael Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org)