Announcing the Vancouver Street Plaza
Welcome to the Lending Hub!
lending hub hours:
The lending hub is open everyday from: 11am to 7pm
Knitting Circle with Colleen: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-6pm. Join us for a free drop in knitting circle. Supplies and instruction provided for first time knitters.
Kids Building Block Festival: Saturday, October 2 from 1-4pm. Stop by the Vancouver Street Plaza for an afternoon of hands-on creativity! You will use your imagination to make towers, cities, buildings, and more with handmade wooden blocks and shapes.
The lending hub is a larger than life “little free library.” It is stocked with board games, chess & checker sets, puzzles, lawn games, art supplies, gardening tools, bicycle repair kits, a bike pump, and more! See the menu below.
When the lending hub is open you’re invited to borrow these items to use at the Plaza, at a nearby park, or at home!
To take the items home or to another park, you can sign items out for one week. If you’d like to use something at the plaza, just ask! No sign out required.
NORTH PARK NEIGHBOURHOOD ASSOCIATION
The North Park Neighbourhood Association (NPNA) is a non-profit society that plays an active role in improving the quality of life of our downtown neighbourhood. We receive funding support from the City of Victoria, and rely on our many wonderful volunteers to get the job done.
- Free Summer Programs @ Royal Athletic Park! See what accessible recreation opportunities and events are being planned in your neighbourhood.
- Public meetings: view upcoming and past meeting agendas and minutes here.
- Public Land Use (CALUC) meetings: view land use committee agendas and minutes from past and upcoming meetings.
- Newsletters: View past newsletters, and sign up to receive upcoming newsletters here
- Sheltering in Parks: Learn about sheltering in parks (including contact details, feedback, and letters to the City from the NPNA)
- Volunteer Opportunities: learn more and contact us about current volunteer opportunities here.
Neighbourhood Quick Links
- Report a bylaw violation or submit a service request (parks, sidewalks, etc) using the online reporting tool on the City of Victoria website
- If a member of the public comes across any hazards, they should contact the Parks Department at 250-361-0600 or email@example.com.
- Request removal of items that have been illegally dumped by contacting Public Works at 250-361-0400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report a crime or traffic complaint online with Victoria Police Department’s online reporting tool.
- Contact Community Resource Officer: Jose Bingham (250-882-5186, email@example.com)
- Email North Park City Council Liaison
- Sarah Potts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email Mayor Helps: email@example.com
- Request a needle pick up from SOLID Outreach by calling 250-298-9497.
Top 4 ways to get connected, share issues/concerns, and help make our ‘hood even better.
Scroll down to become a member (resident or business) or get on our email list. Members can vote at meetings.
Have community safety questions? Contact our community police rep Jose Bingham (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 250-882-5186) or City Manager of Bylaws Shannon Perkins (email: email@example.com, phone: 250-361-0215)
We try to have a meeting each month. Get on our email list for meeting notices (scroll down to sign up!)