The North Park Neighbourhood Association (NPNA) is committed to protecting the privacy of our members as well as providing a safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the North Park Neighbourhood Association website and governs data collection and usage by the North Park Neighbourhood Association. By using the North Park Neighbourhood Association website, you consent to the data practices in this statement.
Collection of Your Personal Information
The NPNA’s membership application process collects personal, identifiable information such as your name, email address, home and/or work address, or telephone number. The NPNA website automatically collects information from visitors (as does every other website on the internet) including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses (if applicable).
Use of Your Personal Information
The NPNA uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of events, information and other aspects of the NPNA and other community-based events and information.
The NPNA does not sell, rent, lease or share its membership lists to third parties. The NPNA may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external non-commercial groups about particular information that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (name, email, address, telephone number) is not provided in any form to the third party and all information is relayed directly by the NPNA to its members.
The NPNA does not collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations.
The NPNA will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the NPNA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the NPNA; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the NPNA or the public.
What we will do:
- Ensure a signed and binding confidentiality agreement is required on the part of all board members
- Collect only the minimal amount of information needed to effectively provide contact with you
- Only retain that information until such time you no longer wish to be a member
- Only use your provided information to distribute NPNA information such as meeting notices, minutes, community resources, events, and newsletters
- Store and dispose of information securely
- Ensure information will only be released to the minimum number of people as required for distribution of material or contact
- Ensure all distributions will be done in a manner that hides your personal information, including emails
- Use information only for the purpose of distribution of materials to the member
- Release information to government agencies or third parties only for confirmation of the number of members, in order to secure funding
- Release information other than this only if ordered by a valid judicial body
- Inform you if required by law to disclose information
- Any time, at your request, remove all information we have received from you or correct it [Make such requests to email@example.com.]
What we won’t do:
- Sell or release your information in any form to third parties
- Post your personal information on any websites
- Discuss you personal information, except for purposes of distribution of materials, or contact by the NPNA
Security of Personal Information
The NPNA secures identifiable information provided in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. The NPNA may update this Statement of Privacy to deal with emerging requirements.
The NPNA welcomes your input on the Statement of Privacy. If you have any concerns that the policy is not being adhered to, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will examine the issue and provide you with a follow up.