Central Park users will notice some exploratory geotechnical work being conducted this week by Thurber Engineering. They will have a crew onsite at Central Park to locate utilities in preparation for drilling work that will take place on July 26 and August 1.
Here is some background info.
- The project team will be drilling onsite to test the ground conditions for the Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project.
- While the work is being conducted some park amenities will be inaccessible (see schedule below for details).
- Our geotechnical consultant will be working closely with the contractor to conduct the tests in an efficient manner.
- Our Recreation team will have a representative onsite to respond to public questions and concerns.
- Our Parks team will assist in locating the utilities and will work with the contractor to ensure the park is safe and free of damage.
Thursday, July 26: Day A – Rock Probing
- Duration: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- See map below for probe locations
- There will be “What’s Happening” signage to notify the public in advance of this work.
Wednesday, August 1: Day B – Auger Drilling
- Duration: 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- See map below for drilling locations
- “What’s Happening” signage will remain posted until end of day.
- Only affected areas (noted in map below) will be shut down during the drilling.
- The contractor will delineate work areas as required.
- These shut downs may affect the basketball and tennis courts intermittently.
For more information:
To learn more about the Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project, visit www.funforlifevictoria.ca.