North Park meeting agendas, minutes and other important documents
Please follow us on Twitter @WeAreNorth Park and Instagram @WeAreNorthPark and subscribe to the twice (ish) monthly newsletter for neighbourhood updates! You are also welcome to email the board at email@example.com, and/or Sarah Murray, your executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGENDAS & MINUTES – 2018/2019/2020/2021
- Monday, February 8, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9333505704
- Phone in: 778-907-2071 (Meeting ID: 933 350 5704)
- Monday, March 8, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9333505704
- Phone in: 778-907-2071 (Meeting ID: 933 350 5704)
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Monday, May 10, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Monday, June 7, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Monday, July 12, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Monday, November 1, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
- Monday, December 6, 2021: 6:30-8:30pm
POSTPONED until March 2021: Annual General Meeting Notice: Monday, December 14, 2020, 6-8pm, Sanctuary First Metropolitan Church (932 Balmoral)
Note: We will be making a Zoom/Call in option available for this meeting.
January Public meeting: Monday, January 11, 2021, 6:15-8:15pm, (Zoom)
- During this meeting, we received a land use update from Eleni Gibson (NPNA’s Land Use Planning Advisor), an overview of City initiatives from neighbourhood liaison Michael Hill, a presentation + answers to community questions about the proposed tiny home community @ 940 Caledonia (RAP parking lot) from Mayor Helps and Luke Mari, an update on sheltering in parks from Shannon Perkins (Manager of Bylaw Services) and Bill Eisenhauer (Head of Engagement), and information about the Local Area Plan process from Marc Cittone. Our council liaisons (Dubow and Alto) both sent their regrets. Councillor Young (scheduled to become North Park liaison at the end of January) attended the first half of the meeting, before leaving for another previously scheduled meeting.
- See meeting notes and questions + answers about the Tiny Home Community @ 940 Caledonia here. (We are still waiting on answers to some questions. These are the ones in red)
- See info sheet here that was dropped off for residents on Green & Caledonia here. Also, see council motion on the Jan. 14 Council agenda.
- You can watch the recording of the meeting here. (Passcode: rVM1F+%$)
- December Public meeting: Monday, December 7, 2020, 6-8pm, (Zoom)
- During this meeting, we received a Land Use update from Eleni Gibson (Land Use Planning Advisor), an invitation to a workshop on December 17 with the Existence Project, a sheltering in parks update from Shannon Perkins (Bylaw Manager), and a Q+A period with MLA Grace Lore, and BC Housing’s Murray Langdon. You can watch the recording of the meeting here. (Passcode: !7e62m1#) Meeting notes to follow.
- All Candidates Debate: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 7-8:30pm, Zoom Webinar
- The City of Victoria’s “northern” neighbourhoods (Fernwood, North Park, Burnside-Gorge, Vic West, Downtown, Oaklands, South Jubilee, and Hillside Quadra) will be hosting an all-candidates forum ahead of the December 12 by-election.
- The debate will take place via Zoom and Facebook Live on Dec. 1, 2020, at 7 p.m. It will be moderated by Joe Perkins of CHEK News.
- Watch the full debate here. Passcode: H!*3=Pqp
- Local Area Plan Update: Monday, November 9: 5-6pm, Zoom
- Marc Cittone from the City of Victoria will be providing an update on the Local Area Plan (LAP) process to date, and letting us know about opportunities to provide input. Beginning in November, 2020 there will be a month long public input opportunity. During this hour long call, you can learn what the LAP is, how it affects you as a resident or business owner, and how you can provide your input! (Marc Cittone is a Senior Community Planner with the City of Victoria, and is leading the Local Area Plan process.)
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 933 350 5704
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcVYowMaFo
- November Public meeting: Monday, November 2, 2020, 6-8pm, Sanctuary First Metropolitan Church (932 Balmoral)
- We received an update on sheltering in parks, an update on how the City intents to improve engagement and communication, a land use update, and an update on the Local Area Plan. See the draft meeting notes here.
- October Public meeting: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 6-8pm, Royal Athletic Park
- We will be receiving an update on sheltering in parks from Shannon Perkins, Bylaw Director with the City of Victoria. Also in attendance will be North Park Council liaison Councillor Marianne Alto, and community liaison Michael Hill. During this meeting we will receive an update from the City about the plan for working with the campers in Central Park to bring everyone into compliance with the new bylaws. You can see the new bylaws, services, and parks where sheltering is permitted in this handout published October 1. See (draft) meeting notes here.
- September Public meeting: Monday, September 7, 2020, 6-8pm at RAP.
- August Public Meeting to discuss sheltering in Central Park: Tuesday, August 4, 2020: 6-8pm at Royal Athletic Park.
- Q+A Session #2 on Wednesday, April 29 from 6:30-8:30pm. See the Quadra Village Community Centre website for updates on this session.
- Q+A Session #1: Community Coping Through Conversation, April 9, 2020. See here for a summary of the questions, answers, and opportunities to stay in touch and get involved going forward.
- February 20, 2020 Public Meeting Agenda . Here are the Meeting Minutes from the Feb. 20, 2020 public meeting. During this meeting, we also conducted a “Meeting in a Box” asking questions relating to North Park Village, transportation, and mobility. Here was the feedback we received.
- Here is the agenda for the January 16, 2020 meeting. This meeting is held in the Community Room at the Save on Foods Memorial Arena from 7-9pm. Public Meeting Minutes – Jan. 16, 2020 pdf
- Here are documents from our Annual General Meeting,, held on Wednesday November 20, 2019. Treasurer’s report (page 1, page 2, page 3), our updated bylaws, and the minutes.
- Here are the minutes from the September 18, 2019 public meeting.
- Prepping for October 2019 AGM (Oct 16, 2019 at 7:30pm – Docs to look at in advance: 2018 AGM minutes, 2018 Treasurer Report, our updated association bylaws and 2018 code of conduct, as well as our vision and values (which can be found here).
- Here is the City’s June 2019 update, and the minutes from NPNA’s June 19, 2019 public meeting, as well as the May 15 public meeting minutes and February 13 public meeting. And the fantastic speech Ian Sutherland from the Downtown Residents Association made to City Council in May 2019, on behalf of all neighbourhood associations (Victoria Community Association Network).
- Here are the minutes from the six previous meetings (fall 2018 through to spring 2019) which were all Land Use meetings – so the minutes can be found on this page: npna.ca/land-use
- Here is the City’s February 2019 update.
- Here are the minutes from our Thursday November 22, 2018 meeting and the City’s December 2018 update for North Park.
- Next meeting is Thursday November 22 from 7-8pm at the Curling Club (basement boardroom). Get on our email list (on our homepage) to make sure you have full details. Here is the City’s November Update.
- Thanks to the hearty souls who attended our Annual General Meeting in early October 2018. Here are the AGM minutes, and all the other documents referenced: Treasurer’s Report, bylaw amendments and code of conduct, Victoria Community Association Network Minutes of Sept 2018 meeting, and the City’s October Update for North Park. Plus here is the full text of the recent City Council motion about Crystal Pool and Central Park redevelopment projects.
- NO MEETING on Wednesday Sept 5, 2018 but instead we are organizing a Sunday Sept 16, 2018 all candidates meeting that will feature new and existing candidates running for a seat on City Council in the Saturday October 20, 2018 municipal election. Here is the livestream video from that event.
- Our August 4, 2018 meeting was focused on two land use redevelopment proposals. Read the minutes from this meeting by scrolling down to the bottom of our Land Use page.
- NO MEETING on Wed July 4, 2018. But you can read the May 2 Minutes here, and the July City Hall update here.
- NO MEETING on Wed June 6, 2018. But you can read the June City Hall update here.
- Wed May 2, 2018 @ 7pm – here is agenda and meeting location and the May City Hall update
- April 4 minutes (Word doc format). City of Victoria April 2018 update, and two presentations: Climate Action and Capital Budget. See also our recent blog post about Capital Budget process.
- Wednesday April 4, 2018 agenda – 7-8:30pm at North Park Manor Cafe
- March 7 minutes (Word doc format). Can’t open word doc? Email email@example.com for PDF.
- March 7, 2018 agenda at North Park Manor Cafe
- February 7, 2018 agenda at Save-On-Foods Community Meeting Room location
- February 7 minutes and Victoria Police Department Stats for North Park and City Hall Update
- January 3, 2018 agenda and new meeting location
AGENDAS – 2017
MINUTES – 2017
- October (Annual General Meeting)
- August – No Meeting
- North Park Neighbourhood Update, January 2021
- North Park Neighbourhood Update, December 2020
- North Park Neighbourhood Update, October 2020
- North Park Neighbourhood Update, March 2020
- North Park Neighbourhood Update, February 2020
- North Park Neighbourhood Update, January 2020
- City’s Tree Removal Notice – December 2019 – March 2020
- City’s North Park Update – December 2017
- City’s North Park Update – November 2017